7 Hair & Health Benefits of Scalp Massage
For many people, getting a scalp massage feels really, really good and is a thoroughly enjoyable part of their salon experience. In addition to warm fuzzy feelings, scalp massage has a number of tangible benefits when it comes to your hair and your health.
- Stronger & Healthier Hair – Massage increases blood circulation to the scalp and dilates blood vessels. Blood brings oxygen and hair nourishing nutrients to the scalp, promoting stronger and healthier hair growth.
- Improved Hair Growth – Increased blood circulation form massage can activate dormant hair follicles, promoting new growth.
- Shinier Hair – Massage distributes natural scalp oils down the hair shaft. This also helps protect from breakage and split ends.
- Stronger Scalp Muscles – When movement is firm and rapid, scalp muscles contract (this can relieve pain).
- Less Dandruff – Massage (done with the right products) conditions the skin of the scalp and can reduce flaky and itchy skin conditions there.
- Fewer Migraines & Headaches – Research has shown that scalp massage reduces the frequency of chronic headaches, and may boost mood as well, through increases in serotonin (the “happy hormone”).
- Relaxation and Reduced Tension – Massage acts on the nerves of the scalp and can help relieve both emotional stress and body tension.
We hope you enjoy your next appointment & scalp massage even more with these benefits in mind!
By Stylist Philip Amaral
Pivot Point “Cosmetology Fundamentals”
Pause: The Zeel Blog – “5 Remarkable benefits of Scalp Massage” https://www.zeel.com/blog/massage/types-of-massage/5-remarkable-benefits-of-scalp-massage/
Hair Buddah – “7 surprising Benefits of Scalp Massage” https://www.hairbuddha.net/benefits-of-head-massage/