What is your cancellation policy?
- 24 hours cancellation notice is appreciated to ensure your favourite Natural Hair Salon stylist has the opportunity to fill that appointment. You will be charged the full amount for late cancellations or a no show. We understand if there’s an extenuating circumstance, so please call us if there is an illness or something beyond your control.
- Deposits are required for all appointments over 2 hours and our salon coordinator will call to arrange this with you. New or out of town clients will be asked for a credit card in advance to hold their appointment.
What is a blowout?
A blowout is a shampoo, blow dry and style.
What’s the difference between stylists?
The amount of years of experience in the industry.
- Level 1 is a newly trained stylist with a year or more experience.
- Level 2 is a stylist that has been cutting for over 2-3 years and is proven in their craft.
- Level 3 is a senior stylist of over 10 years experience.
- Level 4 is a master stylist of over 20 years+.
Is there parking?
We are located across the street from The Bay Center parkade, there is street parking and we are walking distance from all major bus routes. The city parking lots are free for the first hour. Click here to view more about city parking.
All of our products are made using essential oils and are non toxic. Our salon doesn’t smell and has great ventilation, plus a medical grade air purifier.
Natural colouring products?
Unfortunately at this time we have not found a natural colour line that performs to our standards. We are always on the look out and if you have a product you’d like to bring in for us to use on you, we are open to that.
How long do highlights last?
About 8 weeks, especially if you use professional products to maintain your colour!
Do you offer hair extensions?
Yes! We are the only salon on Vancouver Island certified to offer Bellami Hair Extensions and we also offer nano bead extensions. Come in for a consult to find out more.
Do you offer hair straightening?
Yes! We offer two styles of straightening, the Cezanne smoothing and the Japanese straightening system. Contact us to find our more about each system and to book a free consult.
Do you take returns?
Most items cannot be returned for hygiene reasons.
How do I prepare for a colour service?
We encourage all our clients getting a colour service to remove their personal clothing and wear a smock we provide. We ask you to do this to prevent damage to your personal items due to the chemicals in the colour or bleach that may be used for your service.
If you do not wish to take our recommendation, you do so at your own risk and we do not take responsibility for anything that may be damaged as a result of your choice to refuse the use of our protective smock.
What is a DevaCut?
If you have curly hair and wish to have a stylist trained specifically for your hair type, a DevaCut is a great choice. Sarah takes time to cut, style and teach you how to properly manage your curls.