Pre- and Post-Care Brows
- Stop using any skin thinners (Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the brow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Any waxing or brow shaping should be done at least 2 days before.
- If you tint your brows, tint it at least one week prior to the procedure.
- Cosmetic botox or fillers should be done 2 weeks prior or 2 weeks after.
- DO NOT consume alcohol, caffeine or take any blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, Niacin 48 hours before your procedure, this will cause excess bleeding and may affect your results).
- You may come in with how you normally draw in your brows so I can see what you are used to. This is especially important for clients who desire a specific brow shape. If you are open to suggestions, I am happy to help design a custom brow to personally suit you.
- You may experience hypersensitivity and more pain around or during your menstrual cycle.
- We will not be able to tattoo over blemishes, broken skin, sores or moles in and around the brow area.
After care is crucial to yield the best possible results. It is very important to follow these instructions for the duration of the 10+ day healing process.
- Use a gentle cleanser (lather it up in your hands) and wash your brows morning and night everyday for 7-10 days or until the flaking has stopped.
- Make sure you blot the completely dry with a clean towel after washing. Allow NO WATER to collect or sit in the brow area.
- Apply the ointment provided to your brows morning and night. A very small amount (size of a piece of rice) to each brow with clean fingers.
- Oily skin types may be told to avoid ointment all together and allow a dry heal process for the 7-10 days.
THINGS NOT TO DO
- DO NOT expose your brows to the sun during the healing process. UV Rays can alter the pigment of your tattoo. Following the first 10 days SPF is important for the longevity of your micro-pigmentation.
- DO NOT sweat excessively for 10 days. Sweat contains salt and can infect and prematurely fade your brow tattoo. Salt in the sweat may also alter the colour of your tattoo. Moderate exercise is fine.
- DO NOT run direct water on your brow tattoo. This is especially important in the first few days, you do not want to wash out any pigment.
- DO NOT use Vaseline on your tattoo.
- DO NOT use any makeup, creams, exfoliants on the brows for 10 days.
- DO NOT go into saunas, pools, and steam rooms.
- DO NOT get massages or facials or skin treatments during the healing process.
- DO NOT go tanning, but if you do cover your brow tattoo as UV rays can alter the colour of your tattoo.
- DO not use exfoliants, retinol acids, or AHAs on the brow area. It will fade your tattoo prematurely.
- DO NOT use laser light therapy on your brow tattoo. This can darken, lighten, and distort the pigment.